07 April 2011

more "recent" reviews found elsewhere...

As I noted in an earlier similar post, the notion of "recent" is always a relative term...

Though I've drifted away from the blog a bit over the last... year or more (!!) -- spending much more time on our Facebook page (more on that to come shortly) --  I have continued to search for, track, and bookmark whatever reviews of African poetry collections I can find online.

To wit, a small sampling. Hopefully giving both the collections and the outlets that still see fit (thank god!!) to publish reviews of poetry a little bit more visibility.
I have distressingly few of the above currently in queue to review but thanks to these reviews (and the mighty reviewers) I can, at the very least, pretend familiarity with them all.

Still, that's twenty-two reviews there and it ought to keep you busy for some time!!

By all means, link, read, comment (here and there, for that matter) and... if there are other reviews floating around do send them along so I can start compiling the next batch for posting.

2 comments:

ImageNations said...

A list like this is likely to keep readers busy. however, if one leaves ones blog for over a year, people begin to delink it and make room for more others.

This is a great site with lots of information.

Unknown said...

Oh, Nana, you've hit me where it hurts!! Yes, being away for a year is frightful; but I'll get this back on track shortly.

In the meantime, I have been keeping the discussion going on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/africanpoetryreview. It hasn't been the in-depth work that the blog allows, that's for sure...

But thanks for the kind words and definitely keep an eye on us here: much more coming to keep us all busy!!